WooCommerce is built on WordPress, so it is a natural blogging platform right out of the box. However, integrating blogging into your WooCommerce store is optional. WooCommerce can function well as a completely static website.
Nevertheless, a store can generate value through blogging by providing a location where customers can get information about new products, subscribe for updates, and leave comments.
Why Blog with WooCommerce?
- News: Customers can check your blog regularly for news — including coupons, discounts, and other promotions.
- More content: Contributing posts at regular intervals adds more valuable content to your site. This shows customers that your site is active and receiving regular attention. This will also help with SEO ranking.
- Updates: Keeping a blog allows you to check your site regularly for most recent software, and you will see when critical updates become available. Websites are not a "set-it-and-forget-it" enterprise.
How to set up your blog and start posting
This is easy. WooCommerce works within WordPress, so your blog is already set up. If you are familiar with WordPress you should already know how to do this.
If you're new to WordPress you can follow these quick steps:
- Open your WordPress Dashboard
- Click Posts > Add New
- You will now see the New Post page
- Set your title, tags, and/or category as necessary, and start writing!
For more information on publishing Posts and Pages in WordPress, you can check out our full WordPress guide.
If you feel uneasy or hesitant about "blogging", you can refer to your Posts as "News", "Updates" or "Special Offers". Remember WordPress is fully customizable and "blogging" is a general term in this sense.
You can post any content you wish without referring to your site as a blog or as having a blogging component.