To edit your profile details, simply click on your user name, when viewing the list of Users or click on the Edit link that appears beneath your user name when hovering your cursor over each row. Alternatively, click on the Your Profile link in the left-hand navigation.
If you’re an Administrator and would like to edit someone else’s profile, click on their user name when viewing the list of Users or click on the Edit link that appears beneath their user name when hovering your cursor over each row.
Update the appropriate fields and then click the Update Profile button to save all your changes.
- Visual Editor – Checking this box disables the Visual Editor when writing and uses the plain html editor
- Syntax Highlighting – Checking this box disables the syntax highlighting when editing code in the built-in editor
- Admin Color Scheme – Check this radio button next to the colour scheme desired for the administrative panels. You have the choice of eight different color schemes
- Keyboard Shortcuts – Checking this box Enables keyboard shortcuts for comment moderation. Keyboard shortcuts are designed to allow you to rapidly navigate and perform actions on comments
- Toolar – Checking this box will display the Admin Bar at the very top of your website (only for the person who is currently logged in)
- Username – You cannot edit your Username because it is used as your Username during the login process. Even an Administrator cannot change your Username. Usually, no one else ever needs to see your Username
- First name – Enter your first name in this text box
- Last name – Enter your last name in this text box
- Nickname – (mandatory) The nickname is a requirement for every user. It may be the same as your Username or it can be different. If you don’t supply a Nickname, then the Username will be placed in this field
- Display name publicly as – Select how your name is cited on your blog, from the dropdown list. You can choose from several choices: Nickname, Username, First Name, Last Name, ‘First Last’, or ‘Last First’. If you prefer ‘Last First’, insert a comma after your last name in the Last Name text field and choose the last option from the dropdown list. For security reasons, it’s a good idea to keep this different from your Username
- E-mail – (mandatory) All users are required to list an email address in their respective Profiles. The email address must be unique for each user. Your blog will use this address to notify you of new comments to your posts and for other administrative purposes. Only other registered users of your blog will have access to this email address. It is never sent anywhere
- Website – Enter your website address
- Biographical Info – Enter a short description or profile of yourself here. Depending on your theme, this optional information may be displayed when creating new Posts
- Profile Picture – The avatar that is displayed is called a Gravatar. A Gravatar is a Globally Recognized Avatar. To create a Gravatar, simply go to gravatar.com and sign up. To use your Gravatar within WordPress, simply add an email address to your Profile that you’ve configured within the Gravatar site and it will automatically display
- New Password – Click the Generate Password button to generate a new Strong password. A password strength indicator will be shown just below the password field
- Sessions – If you’ve left your account logged in at a public computer or you’ve lost your phone, you can click the Log Out Everywhere Elsebutton to log you out of everywhere except for your current browser